Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Finally

 Last summer I knit some newborn hats on my Singer 327. I cast on for more, got part way into the 4th, and got busy. It was bugging me to see them hanging on the machine, waiting to be finished. I've been thinking about selling my Singer 500, which is on the same table, so I wanted to tidy up to take pictures. I finished up, then sat outside to sew them up.

I don't have details, except that I had jotted down 75 rows, which is too many, I feel. 


The four hats weighed in at 73gr once finished, but I did have a lot of waste because of winding a small bobbin off yarn off the cone at the end of each hat so that I do a couple decreasing rows by hand and sew up. I used a strand of navy and a strand of green. 


Yarn In:  1400gr
Yarn Out: 100gr + 3630gr = 3730gr
Balance:  2330gr more OUT than in
Cost:  $0, $0/day

No comments: