I love the first version of the "All About That Drape" top I made, so I got started on a second one. Well, I got swatching right away.
First, I tried Snuggly DK, because I liked the colour. It didn't want to drape.
Then I tried a cone of cream wool, thinking the natural fiber would help. Still no drape.
Then I thought I had found it. An abandoned short row shawl in bamboo, which I didn't have enough yarn for. It would be gorgeous for a tank top, but I need about twice what I have.
To see these attempts, check out my videos and shorts on YouTube!
I finally reached for these two cones on my shelf. I wanted a brighter white, but that's fine.
I got a good gauge and drape, and dove in. Just like before, I started with the numbers for the medium, but when it was time to split for the front and back, I used the large numbers for the front, which left the exact needed in size small for the back.
Sorry for the unedited video, I can't seem to edit in Google on my laptop.
I'm making a video with more details on how to make a garment fit YOU. It's not (usually) hard. If you haven't checked out my revamped YouTube channel, the link is above.
Something I did differently this time, was switch to a larger crochet hook for the back, starting with the first V stitch row after the split (or the row before). Just made it a bit more open.
I'm finally liking crochet garments!!




No comments:
Post a Comment