No True Tracy Way involved with this make!
I got into a rabbit hole of crocheted summer tops. I searched for a free pattern for days. I'd find a pattern, but the free video wasn't my size and the pattern wasn't free. Or, the pattern didn't match my yarns. Etc.
Then one night, June 16, I was at a meeting for the community band I'm in, and scrolling Facebook Marketplace at the same time. I found an ad for 8 skeins of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Baby. I contacted the seller, and he also had 8 balls of Patons' Silk Bamboo in 3 colours. I bought it all for $75 and picked up after the meeting.
Almost immediately, I started swatching for "All About That Drape" by I Need It Crochet. Using a 5.5mm hook, I thought I matched gauge. I started the piece, and learned about a foundation double crochet. I didn't do the greatest job with that, but in the end, you go back around with single crochets, so don't worry too much. I worked up to the point with the measurement check.
My piece was way too big. Ripped it out, and went down a size (made the Medium).
I struggled a bit with some of the rows where you turn. I'm not always very precise.
When I got to the split for the front and back, I went with the large size for the front, which left exactly the same size number of stitches for the back. I wasn't very accurate with my increases as I went up the upper front, but it really doesn't matter too much.
Tried it on, pinned the shoulders based on what she suggests in the pattern, but that was not right for me. No problem. Sewed it together, sewed under the arm a bit, did the edgings and wham! In under a month, I had a new, fabulous, tank top that fits me so incredibly well, I can't believe I made it.
Here, it's over a silk bias cut dress I wore for a date night. I didn't wear it on the date though, I just wanted to see how it looked over the dress. Love it.
My husband insisted I "push my boobs out" LOL. This was while we were camping. It wasn't totally finished, and I had it on over a shirt, but I wanted to get a general idea of the fit. I used almost 6 balls, so I'm counting it as 6 (I had 2 full ones, and a small bit leftover)--300gr, or 750m/820 yds. The pattern says 850yd for the medium.







No comments:
Post a Comment