Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Random Hats

 I have a fair bit of Patons "Decor" in my stash. However, there's not much that goes together. I had two balls of this periwinkle, but I didn't want to do a solid colour. I found two balls of grey worsted that were very similar, but not quite identical. I cast on a ribbed chunky hat (PassionKnit Kelsey pattern), and changed the grey every row. 

I weighs in at 112gr. 

I also have a fair bit of this rustic wool, Condon's Yarns, from PEI. The label is faded, but I think it says 2 ply. This is the type of wool that gives wool a bad name. It does soften up with washing but it's still not merino.

I used 3 strands--tan, pewter, and cream. 

Knit up, it was kind of floppy, and very rustic. I washed it pretty aggressively. It's for donation, and I doubt it'll get handwashed by the recipient. 


Pre-wash, the yarns are very tightly spun and the three strands are quite separate from each other.



The yarn really fluffed up. It's a large hat, though not too stretchy now. It will be very warm! It took 154gr.
Yarn In: 1720gr
Yarn Out:  4823gr + 112gr + 154gr = 5099gr
Balance:  3379gr more OUT than in
Costs:  $104.37

No comments: