Thursday, August 02, 2018

Annoying the Children

I have written before about my homemade "Buffs". I love them. The kids, not so much. So when I saw a free pattern for a headband/hat/neckwarmer thingy that looked a step above, I jumped on it.
The first one I made just didn't work. The second one I made, different fabric, just didn't work. Partly my fault. With the buffs, you have the stretch going across--so it stretches around your head. This pattern showed the stretch going the other way when cutting. I couldn't wrap my head around it (LOL) so I forged my own path into the weeds. Follow the pattern.

I tried again. Followed it exactly (might have made it a smidge smaller, or larger... I don't recall). And then I couldn't figure out how to wear it. I finally did, and it was a bit too big when worn as a hat. So I stitched a small length of narrow elastic inside and what would be the back. This meant I could really only use it as a hat. Fine.

My girls hate this one me! LOL. My mom thinks it's cute and that I look like a chocolate with a white tip.
Whatever. I like it.

Killing time at Wal-Mart while someone spends her Christmas money

Not good at this mirror selfie thing. 


Dressed up for date day to the Toronto Boat show!

No comments: