Saturday, August 04, 2018

Comfy Pants

I wanted comfy pants. Simple pants, made from a knit, but not leggings or track pants/joggers. Nice enough to wear out of the house, but comfy enough for chillaxing on the couch. I started with the pattern I used for pants last summer/fall, thinking that because the fabric wasn't really stretchy, I wouldn't have to change much. Umm. Nope. Can we say "diaper butt"?
OMG. I kept taking more and more out of the butt seam, and subsequently, the waistband. The fabric certainly has stretch--what it didn't have was recovery.

They don't look too bad from the front, or when my shirt was pulled down. But over the day, the butt got lower and lower LOL. They are a wear and wash pair of pants. 

I made the pockets with some stretch poplin print I had.  I didn't want saggy pockets. However, they are a little too structured. 

I still have quite a bit of this left. I was going to make Rob some track pants, but he doesn't need diaper butt either. What else can I use it for? It's soft, very stretchy, and grows when worn. It's like a heavier t-shirt, but not a sweatshirt.  

No comments: