Thursday, August 02, 2018

I Sewed Slippers!

I usually knit slippers, and felt them. Although  I have a huge yarn stash, felting wools are getting low (at least, felting wools that would make good slippers for me). I also have a large fabric collection. And I really needed slippers. I found that Stitch Upon a Time had a free pattern on their Facebook page (in the files). Looked good. I dug out some fabrics.

I used some fleece Lucy had bought to make pajamas for her BFF's Christmas present. I had some matching blue fleece that had shrunk when I washed it and was really thick. That became the soles. I got a little confused with the pattern because my insoles and lining were the same print as the outer. But all in all, they weren't too bad. And much quicker than knitting and felting!

New Year's Eve at my parents.

They also tend to make an appearance in my flat lay photos.

They lasted about six months before I started getting holes in the outer layer of the sole. The inner layer hasn't worn through but it won't be long. I know I need to make another pair. The fabric choices are endless though. I do have some suede left from Tinkerbell's slippers and might see if I can get the soles from what's left. Or even use it as patches over the sole? I might not like the feel though. We have a Consew industrial sewing machine which I want to use for the next pair (though I sewed the suede with my Kenmore before. These have a few more layers). Rob keeps saying he's going to add pulleys to slow it down so I've been waiting. And we have only black thread. LOL.

No comments: