I have fine tuned the projects I take on road trips. Part of it depends on what type of road trip it is. For example, when we make the drive to my Mom's, I can work on something more complicated but I have to be mindful if we're coming home in daylight or darkness. For travel road trips, I used to take way too many projects, many were way too complicated for the trip, especially back when it was all paper maps! Charts, multiple colours, etc. For years, I kept doing this! I was so afraid of finishing everything and having nothing to work on, but that NEVER happened.
I finally clued in and changed. I started buying the huge balls of Handicrafter Cotton, and worked on corner to corner dishcloths (don't even cut after each one!). I'd choose a colour that reflected the trip. I'd also usually take something else, not too complicated. However, I now have a backlog of dishcloths that I haven't even used!
I wrote earlier about how I chose the patterns/yarn for this summer's road trips. This last trip was supposed to be to Labrador and Newfoundland, but we couldn't get ferry spots. It was still an appropriate yarn for the trip--Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and PEI. It's Woodsie, Paton's "Kroy".



No comments:
Post a Comment