Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Snowflakes

This shirt is more than a year old and needs to get blogged! The delay was mainly to needing photos. So, since we woke up to snow again, I decided to just get it done.

I picked up this piece of fabric in a destash I think. It wasn't very much, maybe 1m. I decided to do New Look 6807 so it'd be a bit dressier for work, than New Look 6735 (check  them out over under "Labels" off to the right--desktop version). This is also a thicker cotton-lycra so I didn't want it too form fitting.


It doesn't have the greatest drape. It's soft and lush, but not drapey. 



Unfortunately, there wasn't enough fabric for full length short flutter sleeves, so I did them shorter. There are two things I dislike about this shirt, and that's one of them.  They sort of stick out rather than flutter.


The other thing I dislike is how there is a distinct line between the pattern repeats. I didn't notice it until after it was cut out. Probably couldn't have moved things around much with the limited amount I had.

I did have some scraps left and made some underwear. I did a white backside, so I could wear them under lighter coloured pants. The front may have been pieced. The seams do help keep everything compressed a bit. Scrundlewear.

These I don't have to keep relegated to just the winter LOL.

No comments: