Thursday, January 23, 2020

Homespun Charity Blanket

I don't know why Lionbrand named this yarn "Homespun". My aunt used to spin her own wool, and it only looks like this when my cousin and I tried spinning. And it was never acrylic fiber!

I dug out all the blue Homespun I could find and got knitting. I had more than 400gr, so I thought that would be enough. As I got to the last section, it was becoming clear I did not have enough. I went back to my stash and found some small bobbins of the yarns. Kept knitting...even though I really knew it would not be enough. And my colour sections were getting thinner and thinner.


So, I swallowed my pride and headed to Michael's.



I ripped further back than where I had left off, so I could get rid of those small sections. I had run out of the greeny blue so I ripped back past the last section of that, so I could use that bobbin further towards the end.


This yarn has such a nice sheen, though it's not all that fun to knit. There is a binder thread which gives the yarn its texture, and it often gets caught on the needles. And, I'm not a huge fan of the feel of the yarn. But it does look spectacular.

Yarn In:  2238gr
Yarn Out:  519gr + 977gr = 1496gr
Balance:  742gr more IN than out
Costs: $15.33/23 days = $0.67/day

No comments: