Tuesday, January 14, 2020

So...About That Yarn Donation

Right before New Year's Eve, I got offered a bag of yarn from Crochet Blankets for Seniors, to work up into more blankets. Great, because I was actually getting low in my supply of basic worsted weight yarns!

Wowszers. See that pink/beige/brown yarn at the centre bottom? That was actually on the top of the pile in the bag. There were two balls of it. I recognized it immediately as a yarn I've used in the past, and also here, and I love the colour combination. There is also some Patons "Decor" which I have a big bag of in my stash.

In total, there is 1786gr! That is more than I bought in 2018! So far, I've made a Pocket Buddy Bear, and I have a blanket on the knitting machine that is going to use up over 300grams. It feels really heavy. It is surprising how much yarn edges use up!

Yarn In:  1786gr
Yarn Out:  0gr
Balance:  1786gr more IN than out
Costs: $0

No comments: