Thursday, January 16, 2020

Not Much of a Dent




The first thing I did after examining all the donated yarn was make a little teddy bear. I used to make these, and called them "Pocket Buddies". The Pattern is "Knitted Twin Bears: Bill and Ben" but I knit it in the round. There are a few issues with the pattern. It's not well written. If you need help, just holler.

I wasn't entirely sure of which part of the head was the nose and what part was the back. I believe I used the cast on as the back of the head

I'm not overly pleased with the ears. I think I did something different last time. 


 One detail that is rather vague is sewing up.  Because I did it in the round, I didn't have to worry about seaming the parts, but I had to figure out how the pieces go on. Looking at pictures on Ravelry, (and even my own previous versions), I couldn't tell exactly which end of the arm went on the shoulder. I opted for the skinny end.


I had intended to donate this guy to the Crocheted Blankets for Seniors group. They also collect knitted bears and dolls for Alzheimer's patients. However, he might be too small.


He weighs in at a whopping 26gr.

Yarn In:  1786gr
Yarn Out:  26gr
Balance:  1760gr more IN than out
Costs: $0

No comments: