Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Lounge Gown

I hadn't planned to do much sewing for our cruise. In the summer though, George + Ginger released a free pattern,  Lounge Gown, designed basically as a swim cover up. On our last cruise I didn't use the one I had made years ago on my knitting machine, because it's actually quite heavy. I'm not sure what I even used, probably just a dress. I thought this "gown" would be good for some fabric I had picked up in the clearance section at Fabricland, that was actually kind of a weird taupe colour. I thought it would be a good cardigan, but totally the wrong shade for anything in my closet. It's a little drab as a cover up, but I don't care.

I seem to recall I added a bit to the bust cups. I also think I had a hard time keeping everything together when sewing top to bottom. And then I realized I added length to the wrong side of the cup, I think, and it sat strange and gaped so I had to re-sew the top to the skirt. And the skirt hangs funny. Lower at the sides. A few people commented they had that too, so I don't know if that's intentional. Some of the seams were starting to run because of taking it apart a few times.


No photo of me wearing it! It's okay as a pool cover up, but probably not as a beach cover up as there is no sun protection. It's very light. When my mom and I went on a snorkelling boat  trip, I got in the boat, put on the life jacket and totally forgot to take off the dress. The guide was like "Senora...dress?" LOL.

It's a fine dress and pattern. I like the back. Don't really have much to say.

No comments: