Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Crafty Hallowe'en

 I don't normally do a lot for Hallowe'en. I do really enjoy it, but the weather starts to get crappy here around then and I've never done any crafting for it. We don't have a party or anything, so why bother? I have made pumpkin hats and costumes in the past though.

But now that I have the Cricut, I knew I had to do some creating! All of a sudden, I started seeing layered pumpkin projects, and other projects! My favourites again, were from Special Heart Studio!

This adorable "peach" was removed from the top layer!

I kind of felt this yellow layer was a little too bright. However, something weird happened with my Cricut, and when I cut the bottom green layer, it cut another top layer!

It was an interesting look. Not quite what I wanted, so I put my last sheet of green in and tried to cut another bottom layer.

Something messed up again! When I looked at the computer, it was showing both mats as being cut at the same time! Now I had TWO green top layers!

I snipped apart one of the green top layers and added a few green accents. Also cut the center piece in another shade of orange to reduce the amount of yellow showing. For the leaf, I used the contour function and made a solid leaf, cut in another shade of green.

I found some orange rick rack in my sewing desk, stuck a 3M Command hook on my front door, and Bam! Hallowe'en 2020 taken care of. 

But what to do with the green piece left over? It reminded me of an acorn squash--a favourite fall veggie growing up. I thought I had lots of green paper, but no. Needed another trip to Michaels. This time I cut the thin piece representing the crevices in orange. You know how squash get a bit of orange on them. It was too bright, so I found my only stamping inkpad left, which just happened to be green, and toned it down a bit. 

Rob and I made a surprise visit to my mom's on Thanksgiving (October here) and I gave it to her for her front door. A little unconventional, but I think it was adorable. 


No comments: