Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Baby Hat Pandemic

I wrote in the summer about knitting baby hats for the local hospital (Post 1; Post 2). I kept going! I bought three large balls of yarn (Loops and Threads "Snuggly") before we went to our cottage vacation, and they kept me going for quite a while. I have some of the yellow left but I don't think I'll get it used by tomorrow, so I'm wrapping up the year now. 

I've been just putting them in a bag, I didn't realize how many there were! Apparently, I didn't take a picture of the dark purples on their own, but they were 110gr. 

3 dark green (two were a strand of green and blue, and one was 2 strands of green): 71gr

There's 4 or 5 here, 111gr (I still have some of this yarn)

I think there might be six here; 115gr

Again, 5 or 6; 114gr


3 or 4; 72gr

James Bret Marble DK, 2 or 3; 167gr. This yarn says DK, but it's closer to worsted

Done on the standard gauge machine, two or 3, 87gr

All totaled, 847gr. I have several still on the standard gauge, waiting for more before I take them off to do all the finishing at once. They could be done tonight, but I do want to make more before taking them off the machine.

Yarn In:   6477gr
Yarn Out:  847gr + 10635gr = 11482gr
Balance: 5005gr gr more OUT than in!
Costs:  $140.68/365 days = $0.39 per day




No comments: