Thursday, January 28, 2021

I Knitted

 I had planned to do a lot of knitting while recovering from my surgery.  However, I didn't realize how challenging getting back up the stairs from the basement would be. I knit while watching TV, and sitting upstairs, knitting while watching YouTube, just didn't feel the same. Also, Rob works in the basement, so it wasn't the most pleasant environment to enjoy the relaxing qualities of knitting LOL. 

I did just get one blanket for charity finished. And I love it. I bought this teal ombre yarn in the summer when we were on vacation. A few weeks before surgery I got out the yarn options for the next few blankets and asked in a knitting group which solids should go with which variegated yarns. I knew that the variegated yarns would not be quite enough for each blanket, so the solid colour would stretch it out. One member suggested tan with the teal yarn, to play off the feeling of a Caribbean beach. Bingo. I knew I had to pair it with a feather and fan stitch pattern. 

Certainly not Caribbean beach mood outside now. 
I did the tan ridges at random, never more than two in a row, and never more than two teal ridges in a row. 

Simple garter stitch edges, 5 stitches wide, and 3 ridges top and bottom. I cast on with a crochet cast on so it would match the cast off.

Feel those waves crashing in. 


Such a beautiful yarn. It was a 1lb bag of "Unknown Fibers" from Cambridge Fibers. It had a little bit of a stringy look to it before washing. It almost felt like cotton. Once machine washed and dried, it plumped up and is nice and squishy now.

At least one kid has said not to donate this one!

Yarn In:  0gr
Yarn Out: 500gr
Balance:  500gr more OUT than in
Cost:  $0, $0/day

 

No comments: