Monday, December 30, 2019

Better Late...

In Nov/Dec 2018 I went to Florida with my mom, my SIL, and her mom. We hit a couple Wal-Marts. US Wal-Marts still have fabric departments...but not really dedicated staff. I don't remember if it was this time, or another time (or if I got this when we went to Hobby Lobby...). I do remember sitting on the cutting table at Wal-Mart after pressing the "help" button. Waited nearly 15 minutes for "help".  I knew I wanted to make a drapey style cardigan, perhaps like the silver one  I had made.

Not sure how I got this done between getting back around Dec 10 and a couple days before Dec 31. That's incredible turn around for me, especially being Christmas time.

I'm not sure if I lengthened it, or if it just hangs longer. I did take out the upper bodice shortening I had done; you can see it doesn't pull at the armpits/shoulder/neck now

It does cling though. I feel very broad in this picture. Not fond of it. And the sleeves grew when I wore it!

Not sure what happened with the hems

And up around the front. I'm pretty careful and I wouldn't sew it if it looked like that. 

While I loved the idea of this sweater, it doesn't get much use. When I saw that back photo...and although I love teal, it's not easy to wear teal with teal. I thought I'd be wearing it with sleeveless dresses but once it was cold, I didn't wear any dresses to work. I really should put it somewhere in the closet where I'll be able to grab it  easier. It's folded up on a shelf, hidden by the hanging clothes. 

No comments: