Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Cruise Dishcloths

I really enjoyed working on dishcloths last year during my road trip to Florida. So I decided to work on just dishcloths on our family cruise. The downside...at the start, the ball is huge (340gr).  Took up most of my "personal bag". I did have an issue with getting the starting strand, and while dealing with the mess, found a (manufacturer's knot), so I cut it and wound a smaller ball.

The plane seemed even smaller than two years ago. It was a snug fit, and it was good to not have to worry about patterns, scissors, multiple balls, etc.

I tried to work each cloth so there were 20 eyelets on each edge, before decreasing. As before, I knit them at a looser gauge so they'd have room to shrink when washed, rather than getting all stiff and tight.51

I'm not sure exactly how many I ended up getting. I did not knit very many on the actual cruise/travel days. I'll count when I get home.  It took me until early November to get them all knit. I'll give a few to my mom.


Yarn In:  340 gr + 2485.5gr= 2825.5gr
Yarn Out: 2037gr + 340gr = 2377gr
Balance:  448.5gr IN
Costs: $90.24/351days = $0.26/day

No comments: